Located on a brownfield site within Robin Hood Chase, the St Ann’s JSC development consists of a new, purpose designed building to support the co-location of primary care services from the current St Ann’s Health Centre, Library and Nottingham City Homes’ local branch office to provide local services within easy access to local people.
the development provides
- 3 GP Practices
- PCT Area
- Youth Outreach area
- Social Housing office
- Children Centre
- BREEAM Excellent
- Green Roof, Photovoltaic’s, SUDS
- Employment and training for local community
- Apprentices employed on the scheme, 100 placement weeks supported
- Local Supply chain
- 4 million pounds grant funding secured: If the OJEU compliant Scape framework had not been used the lengthy tender period would have places project funding in jeopardy.
- 99.6% waste diverted from landfill: A large amount of excavated material was removed from the site but rather than sending it to landfill it was certified as suitable for reuse and was used to build a golf course.
- Work Experience provided: Work experience provided to local Big Wood School including brickwork workshops. Working with Nottingham Education Business Futures and New College Nottingham, work experience was also provided to a range of students from across the city.
Every opportunity was taken to give added value to the local community, this included working with the Renewal Trust, a social enterprise organisation who work with long term unemployed people on the St Ann’s estate to provide employment, and training opportunities. Other activities included site tours for students at local schools, access to site and design information for university research project, apprenticeship placements, training courses and a health check day for those working on site.
Contractor: Willmott Dixon
Find out more about Willmott Dixon here.